We have a physician on staff skilled in sports/musculoskeletal medicine.
There are rehabilitation facilities in Injury Rehabilitation Clinic, (located in the Rec Center). The rehabilitation facilities are available by prescription of a Student Health Center provider. Rehabilitation services are provided by Lori deKubber MEd., AT/L, an athletic trainer with extensive skill and experience in rehabilitation techniques.
Injury rehabilitation is designed to assist students in recovering from injury through the use of exercise, manual therapies and modalities. Attention is also given to identifying underlying causes of injury to prevent re-injury and to enable students to function optimally.
Here are the steps to take in order to use WWU's injury rehabilitation services:
- Get an appointment with the Student Health Center.
- If the provider deems necessary, a referral note will be written for injury rehabilitation.
- Once students have a referral, they can make an appointment with the receptionist at the front desk of the Student Health Center.
- Injury rehabilitation services are performed in Room 146 at the Wade King Student Recreation Center. You will need to swipe your Western ID Card at the front desk in order to enter the facility.
Please do not contact the Student Recreation Center regarding your injury rehabilitation appointment.
If further specialized rehabilitation is required, Student Health Center providers can make a referral to an off-campus physical therapist or other medical provider
Modalities and services available
- Ice/ice massage
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Therapeutic exercise (strength and flexibility)
- Pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation
- Instruction in rehabilitation programs for home use
- Biomechanical and movement analysis
New exercisers can receive analysis and recommendations for recreation from the Athletic Training Room through the FirstStep program; students can self-refer by calling 360-650-2301.
Hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.