Injury and Rehabilitation Care
Injury rehabilitation is designed to assist students in recovering from injury through the use of exercise, manual therapies and modalities. Attention is also given to identifying underlying causes of injury to prevent re-injury and to enable students to function optimally. The Student Health Center Injury Rehabilitation Clinic is located in the Student Health Center Annex and is available by prescription from a Student Health Center provider. Rehabilitation services are provided by Lori deKubber MEd., LAT, ATC, an athletic trainer with extensive skill and experience in rehabilitation techniques.
If further specialized rehabilitation is required, Student Health Center providers can also make a referral to an off-campus physical therapist or other medical provider as needed.
Modalities and Services Available
- Ice/ice massage
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Therapeutic exercise (strength and flexibility)
- Pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation
- Instruction in rehabilitation programs for home use
- Biomechanical and movement analysis
Making an Appointment for Rehabilitation Services
- Call the Student Health Center at 360-650-3400 to make an appointment with a medical provider.
- The medical provider will perform a thorough evaluation. If ongoing injury rehabilitation is warranted, a referral will be made.
- Contact the receptionist at the Student Health Center for a "Rehab Appointment".
- Meet with our Athletic Trainer.
Lori deKubber MEd., LAT, ATC is a Certified Athletic Trainer who specializes in injury rehabilitation and health education. She has been working with students at Western Washington University since 1990. She has a B.S. in Community Health, a Masters in Sport Psychology and NATA certification in Athletic Training.
Injury Rehabilitation Clinic Hours
Monday to Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed