COVID-19 Symptom Attestation

Travel Services

WWU Student Health Center Travel Services offers services and health advice to WWU students planning to travel to developing countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. The clinic is a Washington State Department of Health designated center for yellow fever vaccine.  There are fees for most travel-related services.  See below for specifics.

Appointments & Information ..... (360) 650-3400
Fax ......................... (360) 650-3883
Email ...........

Services Offered

At this time we are not offering Travel Consults.  If you will be traveling to a low or middle income country please see the PDF iconoff campus travel resource list.


Complete Price List

Medical Form Completion

If you need a medical form completed for your travel or study abroad program, you can make an appointment for this with the designated SHC physician. Have your form with you at the appointment. There is a $70 charge for the exam and form completion.

Travel to Low Health-Risk Areas

If you are traveling exclusively to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Western Europe or urban areas of Japan, you need to make sure you are up to date on all routine immunizations recommended for the United States. You will not need a pre-travel consultation. Call the travel clinic consult nurse at (360) 650-3594 if you have questions.

Who Needs a Travel Consultation?

Please view our Travel Health and Safety video.  This will help you determine if you will benefit from a travel consult.

If you are going to a low or middle income country including most countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa, you should have a travel consultation. Please see the PDF iconoff campus travel resource list to find a travel provider.

Insurance Coverage while Traveling

In spite of the best planning and preventive measures, accidents and illnesses can happen when traveling. It is important to be sure that you have TRAVEL medical insurance coverage while traveling.  This is in addition to your regular health insurance plan.  Please review the WWU International Travel page.  If you click on "Consider Supplemental Insurance" you will see the various options available to you.

Charges Billed to Student Account

You may request an itemized receipt of all charges incurred, with necessary codes, for submission to your insurance company. (Please note, only a few insurance companies cover health care expenses related to preparation for travel - please contact your insurance company for questions about coverage).