Travel consultations consist of two or three appointments:
- The first appointment is a FREE Group Travel Class that covers general health and safety when traveling to developing countries.
- The second appointment is with the physician for review of itinerary specific health concerns including recommended immunizations and prescriptions.
- If travel immunizations are needed, a third appointment with the Immunization Nurse will be scheduled.
We recommend the initial appointment take place at least 8 weeks before departure because several weeks may be required to complete a needed vaccine series. You should telephone for your appointments two weeks before they are needed. When this is not possible we will meet your travel health needs to the extent possible.
Travel Consultations Include:
- Country-by-country analysis of your itinerary, anticipated activities, and review of your health history and previous immunizations to develop an individualized plan.
- Advice on malaria prevention and needed prescriptions. Prescriptions are filled at the traveler’s expense.
- Information and prescriptions for medications to help prevent or treat illnesses while traveling. Some medications are available for purchase at the Student Health Center.
- Travel immunizations that will help reduce risk of illness while traveling. A separate RN appointment will be scheduled to receive the immunizations.