Tips For Your STI Visit
Increasing STI rates make screening an important wellness tool for Western students. The Student Health Center offers both walk-in and same-day STI consults. Here are several tips for your STI visit:
- Window periods vary from test to test; if you test too early, you might not identify infection you’ve recently acquired. Talk to your clinician about which tests work for your circumstance.
- For urine chlamydia & gonorrhea testing, you should not urinate for one hour before the test.
- People with a uterus should get an annual chlamydia & gonorrhea screen through age 25.
- Some people benefit from more frequent screening. Talk to your clinician about what’s recommended for you.
- Quest, our lab service, charges your insurance for the labs they run for you. You may, alternatively, request to have the charges applied to your student account.