Our Triage Clinic is open from 8:30am-4:00pm (M,T,W,F) and 9:30am-4:00pm (Thurs). It is staffed by registered nurses who are prepared to see you for the following concerns:
- Plugged ears
- Sinus pain and congestion
- Sore throat
- Upper respiratory symptoms
- Influenza like illness symptoms
- Emergency contraception (Plan B)
- Urine pregnancy tests
Walk in to the Health Center at your convenience and speak with the receptionist to be seen. If you are tight on time or concerned about the wait feel free to call us at 360-650-3400 (option 1) to ask about wait times.
Our Appointment Clinic is open from 8:30am-4:00pm (M,T,W,F) and 9:30am-4:00pm (Thurs).
We do same-day appointments for illness and injury. Specialty appointments such as Sexual and Reproductive Health Care, Mental Health, Travel, and lab appointments need to be scheduled ahead of time.
If you need to make a same-day appointment call 360-650-3400 (option 1) early in the day for the best appointment slots.
If you need to make a specialty appointment first read about the requirements below. Often times you need to obtain or complete paperwork before your appointment can even be made. Once you have everything in order call 360-650-3400 (option 1) to make your appointment.
Make a follow-up for something we’ve seen you for
- Call for an appointment if you’ve already been seen for your concern and have continuing, additional, or worsening symptoms.
Have a question for the provider you saw last?
- Send your provider a secure and encrypted message via WebView
Need to refill a prescription written by a Health Center provider?
- If you got your prescription filled at a pharmacy (not at the Health Center) please contact the pharmacy directly for a refill.
- We ask that you use WebView to discuss prescription details with your provider or to request a refill of a medication you received from the Health Center. WebView is a secure and encrypted way of communicating with the providers at the Student Health Center.
- Review our Travel Clinic Page for more information about the travel services we provide
- Review our page for travel services process and description of information to bring with you to appointments. Note that multiple appointments are required.
- Before you call for an appointment, please complete the following questionnaires: #1 Past Medical History (once per year) and #4 Mental Health found at the following link: https://www.ihealthinterview.com/wwu/wwu.asp.
ADD/HD Evaluation and Medication Management
- If you have already been diagnosed and want to receive your ADD/HD medications and management from the Health center, carefully read these directions You can read more about the appointment approval process on our ADD/ADHD page. A provider will review your records and contact you with her determination.
- We have a limited number of appointments available for evaluation for ADD/HD each year.
Mental Health Concerns
- If you have a non-urgent concern and are interested in taking medication, review our Behavior Health Clinic information page before you call for an appointment for a full understanding of what we offer.
- If you want to talk with someone about your concerns, the Counseling Center offers Individual counseling to currently enrolled WWU students. Individual sessions are offered on a short-term basis that is often adequate to address concerns commonly faced by college students. Issues addressed in brief therapy include, but are not limited to, loneliness and homesickness, anxiety, depression, academic stress, low self-esteem, relationship problems, academic challenges, and identity issues.
- If you have an urgent concern at any time of the day or night please review the Emergency Services available to you.
Emotional Support Animals
- Before you call for an appointment, review our information regarding Emotional Support Animals and see what we have to offer.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Care
- Before you call for an appointment, review our information regarding Sexual Health Care Services to see what we have to offer.
- If you currently have symptoms you're concerned about or need emergency contraception, please call the health center, describe your specific concern/need and request an appointment as soon as possible. 360-650-3400
- If you need to schedule a routine STI test, birth control appointment, or your first-ever annual exam, we ask that you schedule an info session with a Peer Sexual Health Educator before you make an appointment with us. These sessions provide an important overview of sexual health information and the services/options available to you, and help you to be more prepared for your visit. They take approximately 45 minutes and are available at several times throughout the week.
To schedule your info session, email email@example.com or call 360-650-7557 and leave a message requesting a sexual health info session, including your name, how you'd like us to contact you, the main purpose for your visit, and the days/times you're available during the week.