Get Your COVID Vaccine Now!
Western Washington University (WWU) policy “Requiring Proof of COVID Vaccination Status” (POL-U1300.02) requires all Western students, faculty, and staff to show proof of immunization with an FDA- or WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccine before returning to campus for fall quarter 2021. This mandate is based on guidance and recommendations of local and state public health officials, the Governor’s Office, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We believe a fully vaccinated campus is the best way to protect the health and safety of our individual and collective communities.
Western's Student Health Center wants to help you schedule your first COVID vaccine as soon as possible! Schedule your appointment now and remember to make plans for your second dose as well.
For the COVID Vaccine provider nearest to you, please go to Vaccine Finder
. You can also send an email to COVIDVaccine@wwu.edu
for more information about other community resources.
Already Have Your COVID Immunization Card?
Simply send us a legible copy of your fully completed COVID-19 Immunization Card to the Student Health Center via your secure MyWesternHealth patient portal. Follow these simple steps. It's easy and secure!
Please note: incomplete Immunization Cards will not be accepted.
- Login to your MyWesternHealth patient portal.
- Upload a legible picture of your fully completed COVID-19 Immunization Card.
- Enter the date(s) of your vaccination(s).
What do I do if I lose my COVID-19 Vaccination Card?
There’s good news — most of your vaccine questions can be answered easily with the help of an online portal. Washington State offers an authorized service called MyIR Mobile which allows you to safely access your and your family’s immunization records online. It’s free, it’s official, and it’s secure. Once registered, you can access all of your vaccination records — including your COVID-19 vaccine records. Go here to learn more about MyIR.
Note: If you are using MyIR records to submit proof of COVID Vaccination Status: Use the “Show me my immunization records” button and print the results screen. “Certificate of Immunization” does NOT currently include COVID Vaccine records.
I'll only have one COVID-19 shot of the series completed before I need to be on campus. What do I do?
Submit a COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Request Form and certificate of completion of the COVID-19 Vaccine Education Canvas course. This will cover you until you get your second shot.
1. The COVID-19 Vaccine Education Canvas course: You will need to provide a screenshot of the verification of course completion, and include it with the required COVID-19 Vaccination Waiver Request Form. Start the course here.
2. COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Request Form: Login to your MyWesternHealth patient portal and click on Downloadable Forms to access the form.
- Select Medical as the reason for the exemption and explain that you have had the first shot but can't get your second shot until after you need to be on campus. You don't need to have a health care provider sign the form.
3. Upload your completed COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and the Canvas course certificate of completion within your MyWesternHealth patient portal, Downloadable Forms.
4. Upload your COVID-19 immunization card once you have completed the vaccination series. Directions are above under the heading "Already Have Your COVID Immunization Card?".
How do I obtain a COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption?
All Western Washington University students requesting a COVID-19 vaccine exemption must complete:
1. COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Request Form. Login to your MyWesternHealth patient portal and click on Downloadable Forms to access the form.
2. The COVID-19 Vaccine Education Canvas course. You will need to provide a screenshot of the verification of course completion, and include it with the required COVID-19 Vaccination Waiver Request Form. Start the course here.
If you are a WWU employee, please check with Human Resources for details.
How do I submit my COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption?
The COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and COVID Education Course documentation for students must be submitted for review and approval. Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
For Medical Vaccine Waivers
1. Upload your completed COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and verification of completion of the COVID-19 Vaccine Education course to your MyWesternHealth portal (click Downloadable Forms to upload your documents).
2. Medical vaccine waivers must be signed by your medical provider in order to be approved.
For Religious Vaccine Waivers
1. Email your completed COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and verification of completion of the COVID-19 Vaccine Education course to email@example.com.
2. Please allow 3-5 business days for approval and further instructions.
I am an Online Student Only with a COVID Vaccine Waiver. How can I be removed from the weekly COVID testing requirement?
Students who have completed a COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and are enrolled in online classes ONLY are exempt from the weekly COVID testing requirements. This COVID Testing exemption is only available to students enrolled in 100 percent online courses who do not plan to participate in any in-person Western activities. The COVID Testing Exemption Form can be found in your MyWesternHealth patient portal under Downloadable Forms. Once completed, upload your form. The COVID Testing Exemption Forms will not be accepted without completed a COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form (see above). Please allow 3-5 business days for verification and approval.