Concussion Evaluation Services
The Student Health Center provides students with initial assessments, recommendations regarding returning to class or physical activity, and follow up services. These services can include:
- imaging of the brain if needed
- medications for problems such as sleep disruption
- letters for professors and employers to help with accommodations
- referrals to appropriate agencies and specialists such as physical therapy, neurology, psychology, counseling, academic advising, Disability Access Center, and the Speech-Hearing-Language Clinic
- documentation for hardship withdrawal if required
- ongoing monitoring until healing is complete.